About Dr. Jeremy Cook
Dr. Jeremy J. Cook is a foot and ankle surgeon who is triple board certified in foot surgery, reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery and public health. He has held a Harvard academic appointment for over 14 years and is currently an Assistant Professor in Surgery at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Jeremy Cook is the Director of Quality Assurance and Research within his division under the Department of Surgery at Mount Auburn Hospital, a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. He is co-founder and co-owner of multiple businesses including Crimson Foot and Ankle Specialists.
Dr. Jeremy J. Cook is a fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and the AO International Alumni Association. He has authored more than 80 publications along with numerous award winning research projects. He has been interviewed by national media outlets and has been an invited guest speaker for over 250 presentations at national, regional, local and international conferences.
Education and Training
- Medical School: Dr. Jeremy J. Cook obtained his doctorate of podiatric medicine degree from the California College of Podiatric Medicine, San Francisco, CA with high honors.
- Post-Graduate Education: Five year period that included residency and fellowship training
- Residency Training: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA. This also included training at numerous facilities including New England Baptist Hospital, Joslin Diabetes Center, Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge Health Alliance, Beth Israel Deaconess Needham Hospital
- Fellowship Training: Specialized training in complex deformity correction, limb salvage and trauma through the Harvard Podiatric Reconstruction and Research Fellowship at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical
- Public Health, Health Care Quality Training: Master of Public Health, Harvard School of Public Health
- His degree in Clinical Effectiveness emphasized the inclusion of patient ideals with superior therapy in decision making to achieve the best clinical outcomes.
- Advanced Certification and Training: Dr. Jeremy J. Cook has obtained advanced training and certification in complex deformity management and traumatic care throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. This has included advanced trauma, limb deformity, external fixation, Taylor Spatial Frame, plastic surgery flaps, foot and ankle arthroscopy, total ankle replacement and minimally invasive procedures.
- His surgical training was further drawn from national and international centers of excellence which included the AO Center in Davos, Switzerland and Duke University Department of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Jeremy J. Cook supports giving back to those in need locally, nationally and internationally. His most recent international medical mission trip provided surgical reconstructive procedures to help both children and adults who were unable to walk due to severe deformities in India.
Clinical interests include
- Sports Injuries
- Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Fractures, Sprains and Dislocations
- Arthritis and Joint Replacement Surgery
- Cartilage Replacement Surgery
- Bunions and Hammertoes
- Foot and Ankle Deformities such as Flatfoot Deformities
- Reconstructive Surgery and Deformity Correction
- Ankle Instability
- Tendonitis and Tendon Repair
- Limb Salvage
- Diabetes and Charcot Neuroarthropathy
Click on the links below to know more about Dr. Jeremy J. Cook
Harvard Catalyst Profile
Know More About Dr. Jeremy Cook