Dr Kerrie Lewis studied medicine at The University of Newcastle, Newcastle, Australia. After initially pursuing training in paediatric medicine she realised that surgery was truly where her interests lie. Before assuming a training position in general surgery in the Hunter New England Network she completed a post-graduate Diploma in Surgical Anatomy through Melbourne University and Melbourne University Private. Her general surgical training included a broad experience in all aspects of general surgery and some subspecialties.
After achieving her Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Dr Lewis spent the second half of 2013 as a general surgical fellow at Gosford District Hospital before taking up a position as Staff Specialist at The Maitland Hospital, New South Wales. Dr Lewis also has visiting rights to Maitland Private Hospital.
Whilst working as a general surgeon Dr Lewis is committed to proving comprehensive and up to date surgical care for both benign breast conditions as part of the IBReST team.
Dr Lewis is continuing to further her clinical and technical skills in both diagnosis and management of breast disease with participation in breast oncoplastic surgery courses and courses in breast ultrasound techniques.
- Bachelor of Medicine, The University of Newcastle. Newcastle. Australia.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Surgical Anatomy. Melbourne University Private and Melbourne University.
- Ultrasound Course for Breast Surgeons. Australasian Society of Breast Disease. Melbourne.
- Level 1 Oncoplastic Cadaveric Dissection Course, CTEC, University of Western Australia. Perth 2014.
- Level 1 Oncoplastic surgery course. Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand. Perth 2105.
- Rollis Workshop for Sentinel Node Biopsy, CTEC, University of Western Australia.
- Staff Specialist General Surgeon, The Maitland Hospital, Maitland N.S.W.
- VMO General Surgeon Maitland Private Hospital, Ashtonfield, N.S.W.
- Conjoint Lecturer in Surgery, University of Newcastle. N.S.W.
- Specialist Medical Registration, AHPRA. Australia.
- Member General Surgeons Australia.
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- Fellow, General Surgeons Australia.
- Member Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand.
Know More About Dr Kerrie Lewis